Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet And Low

By John McDonnell

“What I like about you, Honey, is that you're not fake.”

“Thanks, Sugar.”

“There are so many fake women out there. Fake breasts, fake hair, even fake butts. I hate anything artificial.”

“Yeah, it's better to be real.”

“Like, your breasts are real, aren't they?”

“Of course. They're the way God made 'em.”

“Nothing fake about your body, right?”

“You bet.”

“And you wouldn't fake an emotion, right?”

“What do you mean?”

“You wouldn't fake being in love with me, right?”

“Of course not. Why would I do that?”

“To convince me I'm the only one you’ve ever loved, so that I name you as a beneficiary and you’d get my money when you poison me?”

“Sugar, why would you think that?”

“Because I hired an investigator and he told me you’ve been a suspect in several cases like that.”

“That's a lie!”

“Is it? He gave me some convincing proof. Copies of marriage licenses, court records, newspaper clippings. Everything about you is fake, starting with your name.”

“Oh, Sugar, don’t believe that. I bet he faked all of those documents. He's lying, to get a big fee.”

“Oh? Well, you’ll have a chance to tell the truth soon.”

To read more of this story, and other horror stories by John McDonnell, go to My Smashwords Page.

2 comments:

  1. He certainly turned the tables on her. Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style and wit. If you ever think about putting out an EBOOK for your humorous stuff, I'd love to be your illustrator for the cover

    ReplyDelete